Podcasts I listen to:
- Feeling Good – Psychiatrist and Author David Burns discusses mood improvement tips and exercises.
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin – Gretchen (author of The Happiness Project and The Four Tendencies) and her sister Elizabeth Craft (TV writer) discuss habits
- Happier in Hollywood – Liz Craft and Sarah Fain discuss the struggles as TV writers in the male-dominated entertainment industry.
- Awesome Etiquette – The great-grandchildren of etiquette author Emily Post discuss modern manners in the digital age based on the tenants of consideration, respect, and honest.
- Getting Things Done – Productivity tips from author and consultant David Allen.
- TED Radio Hour – TED Talks adapted for audio
- The James Altucher Show
- The Upgrade by Lifehacker
- Slate’s Dear Prudence – Life advice from columnist Mallory Ortberg
- Windows Weekly – I’m both a Mac and Windows user. Power tips for power users of Microsoft’s operating syste
- Pop Culture Happy Hour
- InDesign Secrets
- By The Book – Jolenta Greenberg and her friend Kristen Meinzer live by the practices of a self-help book each episode to find out which ones might work
- Hidden Brain
- HBR IdeaCast – Business and management ideas from Harvard Business Review.
- PBS NewsHour – Rated as one of the more objective sources of news coverage.
- Hello From the Magic Tavern – A man falls through a dimensional portal behind a Burger King into a magic land filled with wizards, magical monsters, and adventurers. Starring Chicago Improvisers.
- That’s How I Remember It – Actors flawlessly recreate perfectly exactly movies they’ve seen and haven’t seen from memory on the spot.
- A Way with Words – A call-in show about the English language linguistics, slang, new words, jokes, word games, grammar, regional dialects and word history.
- The Marie Forleo Podcast
- Radical Candor – Workplace advice
- I Hate My Boss – Workplace advice
- The Dinner Party Download
- If I Were You
- Dear Sugars
- Get-Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More
- The Savvy Psychologist’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Mental Health
- Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing
- The Nutrition Diva’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Eating Well and Feeling Fabulous
- Money Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life
- Planet Money
- Recode Decode with Kara Swisher
- Recode Media with Peter Kafka
- Katie Couric
- Judge John Hodgman
- Anna Faris Is Unqualified
- The Backline – An Improv Podcast
- This Week in Google
- All About Android
- The Accidental Creative
- Side Hustle School
- The Mortified Podcast
- Myths and Legends
- Hannah and Matt Know It All
- Improv Nerd with Jimmy Carrane
- improv4humans with Matt Besser
- The American Life
- Design Matters with Debbie Millman
- Marvel Cinematic Universe – Covering Marvel Comics films.
- FiveThirtyEight – Politics through the eyes of statistics and probability
Also check out my podcast Uncanny Creativity. What are your favorite podcasts? Any I missed that need to be included?
Brian E. Young is a graphic designer and artist in Baltimore, MD.
Uncanny Creativity: Art & Design Productivity
We send you our lovely email newsletter with art and design tips and techniques from the podcast. Get more done in less time!
Also published on Medium.